Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Indian Back Pumps
Fires are and always will be a danger, whether wildland or structure fires. When you cannot depend on the fire department what do can you do? One possible solution is the Indian Back Pump. This is a simple five-gallon pack that fits on your back. It has a short hose and a pump that will put out a decent stream of water for 20 feet or so. They come in several configurations, with either metal (galvanizes or stainless steel) or vinyl backpacks. They all hold 5 gallons of water.
They are easy to fill with a tap, hose or stream through the 2 to 4 inch opening at the top. …Read More...