Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: Indian Back Pumps
Fires are and always will be a danger, whether wildland or structure fires. When you cannot depend on the fire department what do can you do? One possible solution is the Indian Back Pump. This is a simple five-gallon pack that fits on your back. It has a short hose and a pump that will put out a decent stream of water for 20 feet or so. They come in several configurations, with either metal (galvanizes or stainless steel) or vinyl backpacks. They all hold 5 gallons of water.
They are easy to fill with a tap, hose or stream through the 2 to 4 inch opening at the top. …Read More...