Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: internet
The whole situation with the NSA and internet surveillance is a major invasion of our privacy. I know some people say if you are not doing anything wrong, it shouldn’t bother you. My attitude, I do many things in the privacy of my home that are perfectly legal, that I would not want the world to see. The same thing applies to the internet, I might just be saying sweet nothings to my wife or gossiping about the kids, perfectly legal, but I don’t want some government official reading them.
One possible solution that you may consider is the Tor Project. …Read More...
Today I attended a class on the hazards of social networking (face book, my space, twitter, etc). It was taught by a law enforcement officer that has had experience with the types of crimes that occur as a result of their misuse.
The following are some of the mistakes he sighted, that are typically made by the users of face book, my space or similar sites.
- People leaving their pages open to the public. You can use the setting to make your site only available to friends.
- People having hundreds of friends with no real check on who is on their site.