Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: Iodine Tablets
Iodine tablets– One tablet added to a quart releases 8 ppm (parts per million) of iodine. Two tablets are used for turbid water. Wait 15 minutes after adding tablets, 30 minutes if the water is cold. The shelf life of the tablets is 3-5 years. Deterioration is evidenced by a change in the tablet color; metallic gray is acceptable, light yellow double the dose, and reddish brown discard. The formation of a precipitate is acceptable. If there is starch in the water from potatoes, corn or rice the water will turn a blue color. The blue colored water is harmless and is acceptable to drink. …Read More...