Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: juniper berries
It never ceases to amaze me as I continue to learn about the different plants that we have around us all the time and that are useful. Today I am talking about the common Juniper plant. The ones you see in so many yards. I am sure you have all seen the juniper berries that grow on them. But did you know that they are a common spice used in Northern European and Scandinavian food as a seasoning.
Juniper berries are used in meat dishes, especially wild birds and game meats including wild boar and venison. They are also used to season pork, cabbage, and sauerkraut dishes.…Read More...