Preparedness Advice Blog
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
- 10 Uses For Tomato Powder
Tag Archives: kids
One of the more challenging decisions you may be faced with is when to bug out. A lot of us who consider ourselves seasoned preppers with a good number of survival skills might be tempted to wait until the last minute because we’re not convinced the situation is so dire that we couldn’t survive. Also, admit it, we don’t want to look foolish in front of our friends and neighbors if the crisis turns out to be a big, fat nothingburger.
However, if any of the following scenarios are a part of your life, it would be prudent to be in that first wave of people heading out of town.…Read More...
Occasionally when we eat at someone else’s home, I notice how fussy their kids are when it comes to eating. Kids that will not eat certain foods, often this also applies to the parents. The parents are normally not preppers and think that everything will always be wonderful and the stores will always have everything they need. I wonder how many people in New York are having trouble getting their kids to eat what’s available now.
People always tell me that in an emergency when the kids get hungry that they will eat what is available. However, history does not bear this out. …Read More...