Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: knots
Ropes and Knots are something that most of us no longer use in our everyday modern life. If you lived a hundred years ago, most of us would have at least a rudimentary understanding of ropes and knots. In talking to people, it is amazing to me on how many people don’t know how to tie even a simple square knot. In the past knots were used to make shelters, set snares, haul materials and secure items.
Ropes and knots are a skill that every one of us should learn. It is a perishable skill as I recently found out; needing to secure an item, I found that it took me a few minutes to remember how to tie the right type of knot. …Read More...