Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: lack of soap
My mother says that during WW2 shortages of soap caused serious hygiene problems in England. Soap was rationed and hard to get. Lack of hygiene can result in skin and other medical problems. My mother was an infectious disease nurse at the beginning of the war and later served in the British Air Force. She recommends that we store extra soap and hygiene supplies as well as learn to make our own soap.
Hand soaps – Bar soap keeps better than the new liquids, which can evaporate, if stored in the heat. Figure out how much hand soap you use in a given period and double the amount. …Read More...