Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: lack of soap
My mother says that during WW2 shortages of soap caused serious hygiene problems in England. Soap was rationed and hard to get. Lack of hygiene can result in skin and other medical problems. My mother was an infectious disease nurse at the beginning of the war and later served in the British Air Force. She recommends that we store extra soap and hygiene supplies as well as learn to make our own soap.
Hand soaps – Bar soap keeps better than the new liquids, which can evaporate, if stored in the heat. Figure out how much hand soap you use in a given period and double the amount. …Read More...