Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: lambs quarter
Lambs Quarters (pigweed, goosefoot, wild spinach) is seen by most people as a common weed. They don’t realize that it is a tasty and nutritious green vegetable that can be enjoyed, free for the picking. Lambs quarter, is sometimes referred to as goosefoot because of the shape of its leaves. Like any edible wild plant don’t eat it unless you are positive of its identification. Be sure it has not been exposed to chemical sprays or pollution, especially if it is alongside the road.
The leaves and stems are edible and delicious. They have a flavor similar to spinach or chard. …Read More...