Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: lambs quarter
Lambs Quarters (pigweed, goosefoot, wild spinach) is seen by most people as a common weed. They don’t realize that it is a tasty and nutritious green vegetable that can be enjoyed, free for the picking. Lambs quarter, is sometimes referred to as goosefoot because of the shape of its leaves. Like any edible wild plant don’t eat it unless you are positive of its identification. Be sure it has not been exposed to chemical sprays or pollution, especially if it is alongside the road.
The leaves and stems are edible and delicious. They have a flavor similar to spinach or chard. …Read More...