Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: lighter
A fire is an important survival tool and can be used for many purposes. They can include cooking food, purifying water, signal fires, providing warmth, keeping animals and predators away, drying clothes, and keeping insects away. Fire also is a psychological factor; it can be a big morale booster.
Always have at least two, or three ways of making a fire in your bug out bag (72 hour kit) or on your person. I always have matches, a firesteel and dry tinder with me. With waterproof matches, a butane lighter, a magnesium fire starter or firesteel, you should be able to start a fire anytime and anyplace regardless of the weather conditions. …Read More...