Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: living off the land
Living off the land is an idea that is widely discussed in prepper circles. I know people who plan to live of the land after TEOTWAWKI. Fortunately, for most of them, they have never had to do it. Living off the land is hard work and for most, it will be slow starvation.
An Australian study tells us that hunter gatherers get 64% of their energy from things that move, 36% from plants, basically two thirds meat, fish or bug, one third plant. The creatures we eat are usually nutritionally dense and high in calories. This does not hold true for plants.…Read More...
Yesterday I put up a post on the subject of living off the land and how hard it can be. Now by living off the land I am not talking about homesteading, I am talking about living the life of a hunter-gatherer. Today I want to add some additional information on the subject of living off the land. I know some people disagree with the statements, I made yesterday about how hard it is.
In 1803 when the Lewis and Clark expedition crossed from what was then the United States to the Pacific Ocean they kept excellent records of many things including what they ate. …Read More...