Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: magnesium
Last weekend I was at an event in which there was a demonstration of various methods of fire starting. One young gentleman was extremely fast at starting a bow and drill, you could tell he had done a lot of practice. He was using jute twine to form the bird’s nest in which he placed his hot ember. The jute worked beautifully and flamed up well.
This got me to thinking about jute, I knew it burned, but had never used it to start fires. So since then I have been playing with it and will add some to my fire starting kit. …Read More...