Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Mark 2
I know that some of you will disagree with me on this one. For a good knife for field use that is adequate for self-defense, I like the USMC Mark 2 Combat Knife, commonly called the KaBar. This was first adopted by the United States Marine Corps in November 1942.
Since the early 1960’s I have had several of these and they have all held up well. They have a seven-inch blade which I have found adequate for chopping up wood for kindling, making snares and other uses around camp. Just the other day I used one for cleaning and filleting salmon.…Read More...