Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: Mark 2
I know that some of you will disagree with me on this one. For a good knife for field use that is adequate for self-defense, I like the USMC Mark 2 Combat Knife, commonly called the KaBar. This was first adopted by the United States Marine Corps in November 1942.
Since the early 1960’s I have had several of these and they have all held up well. They have a seven-inch blade which I have found adequate for chopping up wood for kindling, making snares and other uses around camp. Just the other day I used one for cleaning and filleting salmon.…Read More...