Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: matches
Now I know all of you are all like me and can start a fire rubbing two sticks together with one hand tied behind you. However most people don’t have this ability and depend on matches. Now matches are inexpensive and often available for free. Many businesses still give away free matchbooks.
In a real emergency where fires are used for heat and cooking, most people will run out of matches in a short period of time. Since they are unprepared and untrained in alternate fire starting methods, they will want matches. This makes matches a good item to stock for trade. …Read More...
I have been playing with all kinds of different fire starters from matches to fancy devices and most of them seem to work well. There are literally hundreds of different firesteels and other sparking devices on the market. The problem is how do you sort through this mess. I have had the chance to try quite a few different types and will share what I have found.
The best fire starters I have found is plain old matches or a good cigarette lighter. Normally I would use a Bic, you can’t beat them for price and reliability. With matches, I prefer the strike anywhere matches. …Read More...