Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: meals
What is a Wonder Box? A Wonder Box is a heat retention cooker. The major benefit of the Wonder Box is to reduce the amount fuel you need to cook meals. A source of information I read, stated that you can save up to 80% of your needed fuel by using a Wonder Box, because the heat used for simmering is eliminated. What kind of meals can you cook in the Wonder Box? Any meals that you can cook in a Crock Pot. You have to allow a little more time.
A Wonder Box is two cushions placed in a 20 gallon container with a lid.…Read More...
This the second part of an article on MREs, the first part was posted yesterday. Civilian MREs (meals ready to eat) are a confusing issue. There are currently a number of manufacturers producing MREs for the civilian market. The three major manufacturers of MREs for the military (Ameriqual, Sopakco, and Wornick) have all started producing their own civilian MREs. Recently International Meals Supply, a certified supplier of emergency rations for the Department of Defense, has started selling a brand called “MREStar”.
Ameriqual sells under the name APack; there are 12 meals to a case, 6 different menus. They provide approximately 1400 calories per meal according to their website. …Read More...