Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: meals
What is a Wonder Box? A Wonder Box is a heat retention cooker. The major benefit of the Wonder Box is to reduce the amount fuel you need to cook meals. A source of information I read, stated that you can save up to 80% of your needed fuel by using a Wonder Box, because the heat used for simmering is eliminated. What kind of meals can you cook in the Wonder Box? Any meals that you can cook in a Crock Pot. You have to allow a little more time.
A Wonder Box is two cushions placed in a 20 gallon container with a lid.…Read More...
This the second part of an article on MREs, the first part was posted yesterday. Civilian MREs (meals ready to eat) are a confusing issue. There are currently a number of manufacturers producing MREs for the civilian market. The three major manufacturers of MREs for the military (Ameriqual, Sopakco, and Wornick) have all started producing their own civilian MREs. Recently International Meals Supply, a certified supplier of emergency rations for the Department of Defense, has started selling a brand called “MREStar”.
Ameriqual sells under the name APack; there are 12 meals to a case, 6 different menus. They provide approximately 1400 calories per meal according to their website. …Read More...