Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: meat subsitute
For all of you who are storing bulk wheat, here is a handy recipe. You can make gluten which is a meat substitute. The whole kernel contains starch and protein which can be separated after the wheat is ground into flour. Gluten comes from the protein portion of the wheat.
The following is a comparison of the protein in meat and wheat.
- 100 gm. Of whole wheat = 560 mg. of essential amino acids
- 100 gm. Of wheat gluten = 3300 mg. of essential amino acids
- 100 gm. Of beef = 1220 mg. of essential amino acids
Here are the three steps to make gluten.…Read More...