Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: mental
I’m always fascinated to hear the many reasons why people don’t prep. In our neighborhood, my wife learned from a friend that a mutual acquaintance was planning on coming over to our house in the case of a dire emergency. My wife has met this woman exactly once. So why doesn’t she prep herself? Apparently, she’s just too busy.
Too busy to look out for her own family but not too busy to make the calculated decision that she, her strong, young husband, and their 3 kids will drive a few blocks to our house and, basically, steal from us.
So what other reasons do people have for not prepping?…Read More...
When confronted with survival situations, human beings have the potential to overcome challenges, beat incredible odds, and triumph as survivors. A favorite and inspiring tale of this type of survival is of Ernest Shackleton and his men in Endurance. These men had so little in the way of food and gear, yet they managed to survive one of the most harrowing episodes in modern history.
However, there have been countless survival situations in which people fail to survive, not for lack of physical ability or resources, but because of lack of will. Survival is taking any situation, accepting it, and trying to improve it, while sustaining your life until you can get out of the situation.…Read More...