Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: metal cans
The other day we found a very old can of honey in my storage. Somehow, it had gotten pushed into a corner. Anyway, it was a metal can, now metal cans have a bad effect on honey if it is stored for long periods. The honey turns black and the taste charges, it becomes much stronger. If it gets too strong, you will not be able to eat it.
Upon opening this can, we found the honey to be crystallized and starting to turn black. When I bought this honey, it was a mild tasting clover honey. Now it tastes like a strong molasses. …Read More...