Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: Millet
Wheat has been the primary long-term storage gain in for many years. It is a excellent choice, however I feel that there are many other grains that can be used for additional nutrition and variety. Among them are spelt, millet, amaranth, barley, buckwheat and rye. Technically some of these are a seed rather than a grain, but for our purposes, we will treat them all the same.
The other day I covered spelt, today I will discuss millet.
Millet is an important staple grain in large parts of the world, but in the US it is mostly used as bird feed. …Read More...