Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: Miranda warning
Recently there was an incident in which a young woman was carrying a baseball bat in her car, when she was stopped by a police officer. Since she had the bat in the front seat, the officer asked her why she was carrying it. She stated self-defense. As a result of this statement, she was arrested and charged under California weapons laws. If she had said, she was carrying it to play baseball he would not have been able to charge her with a crime. He also did not have to give her a Miranda warning.
Before I go any further with this article, I wish to state that I am not an attorney and while I am a retired law enforcement officer, I have been retired for many years and may not be as current as I like to think I am.…Read More...