Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: MURS
Here is an excellent article on the advantages of MURS radios for people who do not want to obtain a license for ham radios. It was sent to me by a friend from RACES. MURS stands for Multi-Use Radio Service. After reading this post if you still have questions, send them in and we will see if we can answer them with the help of some friends.
Getting the Most from Your Personal Radio
©1998-2015 Arlington County Virginia RACES, Inc.
The Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS) is better than FRS/GMRS for family and neighborhood emergency communications and does not require a license.…Read More...
The FCC created the Multi-Use-Radio Service or MURS by refarming the five Business Pool VHF frequencies formerly known as the VHF “color dot” frequencies from Part 90 to Part 95 of the FCC Regulations to become a new Citizens Band Radio Service for private, two-way, short-distance voice or data communications service for personal or business activities of the general public.
No license is needed. You may operate a MURS transmitter if not a representative of a foreign government; and you use the transmitter in accordance with the rules. No illegal activity, no profanity, be an adult and play nice.…Read More...