Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Natick
Here is a post from C.E. Harris on the U.S. Military Natick cookers and Alcohol stoves. This time I have taken the liberty of addin a few comments at the end.
I have several of the US Army “Natick cookers” NSN 8465-01-250-3632, aka the “canteen cup warming stand” which nests with the US 1 qt. canteen and cup in the canteen cover. http://www.bestglide.com/canteen_cup_stove.html I keep one of these sets in each car emergency kit.
I decided to do some impromptu testing to compare their heating efficiency with the Trangia alcohol burner I normally use. The results are interesting. I will describe my test methodology so that others can follow similar procedures to compare their cookers. …Read More...