Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: Natick
Here is a post from C.E. Harris on the U.S. Military Natick cookers and Alcohol stoves. This time I have taken the liberty of addin a few comments at the end.
I have several of the US Army “Natick cookers” NSN 8465-01-250-3632, aka the “canteen cup warming stand” which nests with the US 1 qt. canteen and cup in the canteen cover. http://www.bestglide.com/canteen_cup_stove.html I keep one of these sets in each car emergency kit.
I decided to do some impromptu testing to compare their heating efficiency with the Trangia alcohol burner I normally use. The results are interesting. I will describe my test methodology so that others can follow similar procedures to compare their cookers. …Read More...