Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: North Korea
The current threat posed by North Korea can be debated back and forth, but one thing we know for certain is that the country’s dictator, Kim Jong-Un, has weapons capable of of an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack. This thought is terrifying and we citizens have no way of knowing how far those capabilities go and whether or not we might live in a targeted area.
Not very comforting, and I tend toward paranoia in the best of times. A war here on American soil is a terrifying thought.
Dictators are more interested in self-preservation than anything else, and, perhaps, that’s the one thought that gives me a bit of comfort.…Read More...
With the new leader of North Korea making threats against the U.S. in such a reckless manner, I think we may have to start to take him seriously. While he may not have many nuclear devices and his missile capability may be somewhat limited, he might still have a surprise for us. For instance, a ship launched missile to create a high altitude nuclear explosion over the central United States. This could cause an electromagnetic pulse that would knock out power over most of this country.
If he should set off any nuclear explosions near or over the Alaska, Hawaii or the continental United States there could be problems with radioactive fallout. …Read More...