Preparedness Advice Blog
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Whole Foods
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Harbor Freight
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Sally Beauty Supply
- All About Hurricane Florence Survival
- An Off-Grid Laundry Solution: The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Tractor Supply Company
Tag Archives: oil
Now, I won’t say that I am cheap, but I never like to see waste. I use everything that I can. As many of you know, the shelf life of cooking oils is not indefinite, so the other day I found some olive oil that was out of date. I got to thinking about alternate uses for rancid cooking oils. Here is the list of uses for old oil.
Lubricant and rust preventative. It can be used for everything from squeaky hinges to oiling your tools. In a pinch, it would work to protect your firearms.
Lamp oil. Oil lamps are a good alternate use for rancid oils.…Read More...
Here are some helpful hints on food storage that may help some new preppers and hopefully some seasoned ones. We all need to learn how to make our food not only look good but it needs to be appetizing. Try and keep your food storage as close to what you normally eat as possible. This will help you rotate your foods and be easier on your family when they have to live off of the food storage.
Helpful Hints on Food Storage
- Store the best quality foods you can afford. Thrive Life is one brand that has never disappointed in its quality.
With the holidays aproaching and all the baking, I though I would mention this again. Over the last year or so, my wife has written about using beans instead of oil in baking. Well I can testify to you that it has worked great. The baked goods taste normal, but stay moist longer. She has used white beans and black beans depending on the color of the baked good she is cooking. The following is a link to the original article that she wrote on how to do it. Using Beans Instead of Fat in Baking
Since then she has baked all kinds of things using black and white beans with great success. …Read More...