Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: older preppers
I personally feel that part of being an older prepper is to stay in shape, both physically and mentally. Now six mornings a week I write this blog. Most of the time I have no idea what I intend to write about it just comes to me. Four mornings a week, I go to the gym and work out. I try to keep my weight down and have been fairly successful. Weight control is 80 % diet and only 20% exercise.
I have never been partially strong, but I have always been able to walk for long distance at a good speed. …Read More...
By no stretch of the imagination am I a spring chicken, I am in my seventies and generally in good health. Now I have been prepping for many years, close to fifty. Years ago, I was much more physically fit and thought that bugging out on foot was the way to go. Today I have had to temper a lot of my plans as I have gotten older and wiser. I have become strong believer in the old saying that old age and treachery can overcome youth and skill. Don’t underestimate older preppers.
Sure, we have different problems and many of us are not as mobile as we once were. …Read More...