Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: olive oil
Near where I live, there are a lot of wild olive trees. With oil being a problem to store for long periods, I decided to build an olive press. It should also work for apples, grapes and other fruit. It was simple to make, I started with a hydraulic jack I found in a garage sale. The press is now finished and ready to use. As soon as I finish testing it, I plan to have it powder coated to keep it from rusting.
My son and I put it together out of scrap materials in his shop. We made a simple metal framework and a removable bucket with a perforated liner. …Read More...