Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: olives
The area where I live was once a large olive growing area. As the olive farmers have moved lots of the trees have continued to thrive. There are olives all over the place and mostly they end up on the ground. With a bit of effort it is possible to get free olives just for the picking. In the past, I have preserved olives in a lye solution and they have been nice.
However, for some time I have wanted to experiment with preserving some in brine. Lye may not always be available. Now fermenting them in brine takes longer than the lye methods, but they store just as well.…Read More...