Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: operational secrecy
With all of the problems with terrorism that we currently face, I see much of what may prove to be over reaction. A number of people with whom I am acquainted are upset and because of this are speaking out loudly. Now there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinions, but avoid talk about violence that can come back to haunt you. Today may be the most important time to maintain operational secrecy.
14 rules for operational secrecy
Keep your mouth shut, during my career in law enforcement; I made the majority of cases because people talked to friends and relations that they trusted. …Read More...
I have been given a lot of thought recently to the subject of opsec (operational secrecy) and have come up with a few guidelines to help you preserve yours.
- Keep your mouth shut, during my career in law enforcement; I made many cases because people talked to friends and relations that they trusted. I have seen brothers roll on brother, wives on husbands. The less people that know your secrets the better.
- Live in a cash world when it comes to prepping. Credit cards and checks can be traced.
- Don’t order from the internet, this can be traced. The company you ordered from always keeps a mailing list and records
- Don’t get preps through the mail.
Operational secrecy is something that most of us would like to achieve. But in today’s world, it is much harder to obtain. Of cause for me, because of writing this blog mine is long gone. But I knew that before I started. Now most of you I am sure would like to maintain some degree of secrecy.
In today’s world that has become much harder. This Christmas I did part of my shopping over the internet. I would go on a site and look at a widget and thirty minutes later ads for widgets would be popping up on my computer. …Read More...
Operational secrecy or keep your mouth shut. Me, I have a real problem, by writing and working to help others, I have blown mine. With all the Federal snooping, they know all about me. I have to take different measures to protect myself.
In my years of law enforcement, most of my best cases were made because somebody talked to someone they trusted. I have seen brothers turn in brothers, and wifes roll on husbands. Most of us talk too much. Think of the old military axiom of need to know. If they don’t have a real need to know don’t tell them. …Read More...
Fifty years ago, when all the wives stayed home, everyone in the neighborhood knew each other. Today you are lucky if you know your next-door neighbor, never mind someone down the street. Now I know that many of you are not interested in becoming friends with your neighbors, but I want you to think of your neighborhood from an intelligence standpoint.
- Do you know who and how many live in the houses that are close to you? Who is a possible friend or danger?
- Do you know the wild plants that grow near you?
- Do any of your neighbors have a large garden or lots of fruit trees?
Last week I was talking with a friend of mine who does handyman work. He was telling me about a house that he recently worked on. While there, he had been inside the garage and had observed a large amount of long-term storage items. These items were stored in the open and there was no attempt to hide them. This was only the first problem the second is the garage was extremely hot.
Now we have two problems a failure of operational secrecy and storage in a manner that will result in a shorten life span of the food products. …Read More...