Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: pathogens
There are several things you want to watch with a Solar Cooker to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Get a good thermometer to measure the temperature in your oven.
- When cooking meat, fish or poultry use an accurate probe thermometer place in the center of the meat (not touching bone) to be sure it has reach a safe internal temperature.
- Beef, veal, and lamp need to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Pork and ground beef needs to reach an internal temperature of 160 Degrees. Poultry needs to reach 165 degrees.
- The danger zone at which the growth and multiplication of pathogens can occur is between 40 to 140 degrees according to the United States Department of Agriculture’s food safety guidelines.