Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: pears
Preserving food is a never-ending process
My wife is out of town for several days and I have to fill in for her. This has been a bit of an eye opening experience. She normally takes care of rotating and organizing the food. She has things well organized and can lay her hands on anything right away. Me, I am having trouble finding things.
Things she can do quickly take me much longer. I have been drying pears and some figs while she has been gone. The process is going ok just takes longer. Where we live there is a lot of free or inexpensive fruit and vegetables available all summer. …Read More...