Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: peas
Yesterday my wife and I decided to dehydrate a few vegetables. We found some peas, frozen corn and mixed vegetables on sale at a local discount house. These were taken home and placed in our old electric dehydrator. They were then allowed to dry over night. The following morning we had a nice bunch of dehydrated vegetables.
We temporarily store them in a plastic bag until we get enough to fill a one gallon Mylar pouch. If you put an oxygen absorber into the pouch the food will keep for years.
I have a friend who has filled five gallon buckets with bags of frozen food he has dehydrated in this manner.…Read More...