Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: pectin
We all go to the store and buy liquid pectin, but why it is so easy to make. Pectin is a natural substance that’s found in all fruits. Apples and crab apples contain the highest concentrations of pectin. As fruit ripens, it loses pectin. Barely ripe fruit will have the most natural pectin.
1. Slice about 4 pounds of washed, tart green apples under-ripe apples. This is best done in the early summer). Place apples in a stainless steel saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Add enough water to barely cover and bring to the boil. …Read More...