Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: peppers
Things like making hot sauce or having it in food storage may seem like luxuries to some of you. I know people who think that if the country comes apart, they will be hiding in the hills eating whatever they can scrounge.
Now, foraging skills are vital, in my opinion, but man cannot live by bread alone — so I like to know how to make my favorite hot sauce and salsa! I’ve shared my recipes in this article but there are simply dozens more in books like this one. It has the word ‘fiery’ in its title — how can you possibly go wrong?…Read More...
My wife is always working on ways to utilize the foods we preserve and making it taste good. One method that she is currently having good success with as well as saving money is making our own spice mixes and rubs. She takes various dried spices and vegetables that we grow and grind them into various mixes. She then stores them in shakers of various sizes to add to her cooking. Because they are made from dried foods they will keep for years.
Because we like hot foods and try to stay on a low salt diet, we use a lot of peppers and very little salt in our mixes. …Read More...