Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: Pinto beans
Earlier today, I received the following question on beans, it was in a comment on a post about bean flours. I think it may be of interest to many of you. The question is “Can you use pinto bean flour for the biscuits? Someone gave me a large amount of pinto beans. Very old and hard. Didn’t want to throw them out. This would be a good way to use them”.
There are a couple of parts to this answer. The first question is do you have a mill that will grind them. It takes a pretty good mill if they are very hard.…Read More...