Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: pioneer cooking
Pioneer, cooking is an interesting subject; it comes very close to the way in which many of us may have to cook in the future. It was a type of cooking that required that you make do with what you had, but in a way, it was also an art. In a future TEOTWAWKI scenario, this is exactly the same mindset and skill set you’ll need.
I recently came across a set of rules for pioneer cooking.…Read More...
I have been doing some more research on pioneer cooking. It always interests me because the recipes incorporate many of the foods we have in our storage. Most of their recipes can be cooked over an open fire or in the kitchen with a cast iron frying pan or a Dutch oven. The recipes are simple and are easy to alter, depending on what supplies you have available.
If our power grid ever goes out for more than just a day or two, knowing how our pioneer ancestors preserved and cooked food will come in handy.
First, a note about the type of bacon that they carried on the wagons.…Read More...