Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- The Simple Way To Make Bug Out Bags on a Budget
Tag Archives: plastic trash bags
Plastic trash bags can make good emergency rain gear. Simply tear a hole in the bottom for your head to stick out and two holes in the side for your arms. If you have duct tape you can use it to reinforce the bags around the holes.
- If you have to build a lean to shelter trash bags can provide waterproofing for the roof.
- You can make improvised foot wear out of plastic trash bags. Step into the trash bag with your stocking feet and then put your shoes on. If you have a large trash bag, they can keep you dry quite high up on you legs.