Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: plastic trash bags
Plastic trash bags can make good emergency rain gear. Simply tear a hole in the bottom for your head to stick out and two holes in the side for your arms. If you have duct tape you can use it to reinforce the bags around the holes.
- If you have to build a lean to shelter trash bags can provide waterproofing for the roof.
- You can make improvised foot wear out of plastic trash bags. Step into the trash bag with your stocking feet and then put your shoes on.