Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: points
The following field expedient tips were taken from a Field Expedient Handbook published at the U.S. Army Infantry School in the 1960’s. Some of these tips will only work with older EMP proof vehicles that used points.
Broken fan belt. Replace with rope, a waist belt, or a piece of field telephone wire. (Modern try panty hose) The rope should be looped around the pulley 3 or 4 times and tied in a square knot.
Vapor lock. The fuel pump will not pump vapor. This malfunction is common in hot climates or when the engine operating temperature becomes too high. Wrap the fuel pump with a piece of burlap or other cloth that has been soaked in water. …Read More...