Preparedness Advice Blog
Tag Archives: Poison oak
The rash caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac is an allergic reaction. Around 15% to 30% of people have no allergic response, but most if not all will become sensitized over time with repeated or more concentrated exposure.
A simple way to minimize your chances of get a reaction is to wash with Fels Naptha soap after exposure. It can be found in the laundry section of most grocery stores. It’s inexpensive and can stop or minimize reactions from such plants as poison ivy, poison oaks and sumac.
Fels Naptha has been used for over 100 years for the treatment and prevention of poison ivy, sumac and poison oak rash. …Read More...