Preparedness Advice Blog
- Smart Advice to Help You Survive the Government Shutdown — or any other surprise financial setback
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child
- How to Choose the Best Straw Water Filter For You
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year!
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
Tag Archives: power outage
Many preppers and survivalists that I have known reach a level of arrogance, sooner or later. They have all their preps in place, they know multiple survival skills, and have a solid foundation of knowledge from everything from trapping small game to canning venison. However, if there’s one thing I know about any crisis scenario, it’s that they are 100% unpredictable. The very event you thought you were completely prepared for can go sideways in a moment, with your best laid plans in shambles.
Maybe it’s time for a new strategy with your prepping, one that goes beyond what the prepper pundits teach.…Read More...
As part of my somewhat colorful past, I have the dubious distinction to have lived through at least 2 dozen typhoons. Sounds impossible, right? Well, when you spend more than a decade in the area of Micronesia, typhoons happen. A lot.
These massive storms, called hurricanes everywhere else but in the Pacific, rip through the islands, bringing devastation and, sometimes, irreversible damage. In my part of the world, they happened so frequently, we became a little too nonchalant at times.
When news of an oncoming typhoon hit the airwaves, we only had a few preps to put in place. Because of frequent power outages, as well as earthquakes, having a few shelves of canned goods wasn’t prepping.…Read More...