Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: preparedness as a life style
Preparedness is something that should apply in all areas of our lives. This should include preparing for “the end of the world, as we know it” or TEOTWAWKI, but it should also include our everyday lives.
The list of things we should prepare for include the following.
We should help our children prepare to be self-supporting by teaching them to get an education, learn a skill or a trade.
We should have fire, car and life insurance to protect our families. During my time in the fire service, I saw many people lose everything because they had no insurance. There is an old saying the less you can afford insurance, the more you need it.…Read More...
I know people whos idea of preparedness is to buy a one-year supply of food from some company, stack it in the corner of their garage and figure they are prepared. I do not believe this is true preparedness. They probably have never tasted the food and are not aware of its calorie count. Some will be surprised at how quickly they are hungry. Now I will admit that they will be better off than the majority of the population.
To me, preparedness means that you should use the foods and other preps on a regular basis. My breakfast today was a multigrain cooked cereal. …Read More...