Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: preserve food
For the last few years, my wife and I have been learning various ways to preserve foods for storage. The following is a list of the most practical methods that we have found.
1, Freezing, as long as you have electric power or it is winter in one of the northern states, this is a great way to preserve food. The downside of course is that if the power goes out or the weather changes, you need a backup plan to preserve that freezer full of food you have stored.
2, Wet pack canning, a method to preserve food that most of our grandmother used. …Read More...