Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: preserve. Howard
There are many good reasons for learning to dry your own foods. It doesn’t matter whether you are using a dehydrator or an outdoor drying rack. Drying is a great way to preserve foods. It’s cheap and easy. Dried food are better nutritionally than canned foods. It uses no preservatives or other chemicals. It maintains the flavor of the food well. Dried foods stores in 1/6 the room of fresh food.
It is an instant food, you can just grab a handful and enjoy. It requires no cooking. The number of foods that can be dried are enormous. Fruit, berries, vegetables, herbs, meat, fish and grains can all be dried. …Read More...