Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: preserving figs
We have a large fig tree in our back yard. For the amount of space and the limited care it takes, it produces way more fruit than any other fruit tree of which I am aware. It will produce two crops every year. The first crop develops in the spring on last year’s shoot growth. The main fig crop develops on the current year’s shoot growth and ripens in the late summer or fall. The main crop is generally superior in both quantity and quality to first crop.
Fig trees can be raised in many different parts of the world, depending on which variety you grow. …Read More...