Preparedness Advice Blog
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge!
- What can a Billy Joel concert teach us about situational awareness?
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson
- The Beginner’s Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever
Tag Archives: preserving fruits and vegetables
Our dehydrator is running full time these days. My wife is drying a large variety of foods. In the last few days, she has dried tomatoes, beets, beet greens, zucchini, yellow squash, green onions and hot peppers. During the summer, we dry a large amount of food, some to use this coming winter, some for our storage.
If it is to be used in the near future, we place the food in plastic bags and store it in plastic food grade buckets with gamma lids or in glass jars. For long term, we place the plastic bags inside Mylar bags with an oxygen absorber. …Read More...