Preparedness Advice Blog
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI
Tag Archives: preserving fruits and vegetables
Our dehydrator is running full time these days. My wife is drying a large variety of foods. In the last few days, she has dried tomatoes, beets, beet greens, zucchini, yellow squash, green onions and hot peppers. During the summer, we dry a large amount of food, some to use this coming winter, some for our storage.
If it is to be used in the near future, we place the food in plastic bags and store it in plastic food grade buckets with gamma lids or in glass jars. For long term, we place the plastic bags inside Mylar bags with an oxygen absorber. …Read More...