Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: produce
This morning I ran across an article that states that ½ of all the produce grown in the United states is thrown away. Half of all US food produce is thrown away, new research suggests. This is something that I believe based on personal experience. For the last few years we have been able to get lots of free produce.
If you ask, many farmers will let you glean their fields. Sometime the vegetables are not perfect, being deformed, but still taste the same. Late in the season after the main harvest there are often new vegetables and fruit appearing. Because this is a bit sparse, this is often not picked. …Read More...