Preparedness Advice Blog
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover
- Sprouting new garden plants from seeds: tips from an old pro
- How to build a practical, affordable prepper library
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these February bargains
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer
Tag Archives: produce
This morning I ran across an article that states that ½ of all the produce grown in the United states is thrown away. Half of all US food produce is thrown away, new research suggests. This is something that I believe based on personal experience. For the last few years we have been able to get lots of free produce.
If you ask, many farmers will let you glean their fields. Sometime the vegetables are not perfect, being deformed, but still taste the same. Late in the season after the main harvest there are often new vegetables and fruit appearing. …Read More...