Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: protecting children
If you are a parent or grandparent you always worry about protecting children from harm during any life threatening emergencies. Now when I mention harm I am including psychological damage that can be caused by us creating an atmosphere of fear. We don’t want to stress our children out.
After giving this some thought and research I have came up with the following steps for protecting children
1 – Don’t scare them. Don’t start with camo face paint, smoke bombs and talk about killing people or violence.
2 – Make them feel safe. Here is the story of one young child who was raised in hurricane country and was faced with the threat of storms on several occasions. …Read More...