Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: protecting children
If you are a parent or grandparent you always worry about protecting children from harm during any life threatening emergencies. Now when I mention harm I am including psychological damage that can be caused by us creating an atmosphere of fear. We don’t want to stress our children out.
After giving this some thought and research I have came up with the following steps for protecting children
1 – Don’t scare them. Don’t start with camo face paint, smoke bombs and talk about killing people or violence.
2 – Make them feel safe. Here is the story of one young child who was raised in hurricane country and was faced with the threat of storms on several occasions. …Read More...