Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: Raised Bed Gardening
As we get older, we start to develop different physical complaints. Now some of these can affect our lives if we let them. For instance, both my wife and my father still like to garden, but both have problems tending plants at ground level. My wife has some arthritis and my father who is almost 93 has bad knees. But with a little bit of planning we have made it possible for both to continue to garden by using raised bed gardening.
Now this is the third year we have used raised bed gardening and I have written previous posts on them. …Read More...
I am getting ready to try a new experiment with gardening. Because the soil in my backyard is quite rocky, I am going to try some raised beds. What I intend to do is get some of the plastic fruit bins that are used by the farmers all over the Sacramento Valley and convert them into raised bed gardens.
The bins are made of heavy plastic and are approximately 4 ft square and between 2 to 3 foot high. They are available with solid sides and small drain holes in the bottom. Once set in place they would last for many years, no termites or dry rot. …Read More...