Preparedness Advice Blog
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad
Tag Archives: rationing
A good source of information on living on short rations is to study the way the English cooked during World War 2. Due to rationing many foods were in extremely short supply. I was born in England during the war and have heard many stories about rationing. Even after the war, many items were in short supply into the mid 1950’s.
Many of their recipes were very heavy in vegetables, since they were more available. An example would be Lord Woolton Pie a recipe that the government suggested.
Woolton Pie – A garden recipe
This recipe became famous in England during World War II rationing. …Read More...