Preparedness Advice Blog
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast!
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat
Tag Archives: rationing
A good source of information on living on short rations is to study the way the English cooked during World War 2. Due to rationing many foods were in extremely short supply. I was born in England during the war and have heard many stories about rationing. Even after the war, many items were in short supply into the mid 1950’s.
Many of their recipes were very heavy in vegetables, since they were more available. An example would be Lord Woolton Pie a recipe that the government suggested.
Woolton Pie – A garden recipe
This recipe became famous in England during World War II rationing. …Read More...