Preparedness Advice Blog
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival
- What’s Bugging You? Dealing With Parasites in Humans
Tag Archives: refugee
Throughout history, refugees have always been a fact of life. Whether driven from their homes by weather, a natural disaster, war, persecution, or some other event that causes their homes to become more dangerous than hitting the road. In all cases, these people have come to realize they have no other choice.
In modern-day America, we’ve seen our share of refugees in such instances as Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy, but who knows what future events may cause you to decide your home is no longer a safe refuge. If that time ever comes, you’ll be glad you spent time thinking through your options and doing some planning for bugging out.…Read More...
On a trip to Pacific Northwest, as I sat in a nice warm house watching the wind and rain, I thought about what it would be like bugging out under those conditions. Even with a good 4-season tent and sleeping bag like this one, it would be hard to stay dry, even if you weren’t traveling. If you had to move, there is no way you could stay dry, and it would be hard to avoid hypothermia, especially for the very young and old.
As I get older, I’m starting to realize that what I did when I was young and in the military is not as practical now.…Read More...