Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: rock boil
A guest post by CE Harris
If you were a Boy Scout in the 1960s you may have read the story in Boy’s Life about how Canadian Mounties learned to boil water and brew tea in a paper bag. If not, you need to learn one of the greatest improvised cooking methods ever used by primitive man, called the “rock boil.”
Scrape a depression in the ground. Line it, flesh-up, with the hide of an animal you have snared and plan to eat. Put your stew ingredients in the hide with enough water to cover.…Read More...