Preparedness Advice Blog
- Prepper To Prepper: The Hawaii Missile Alert, This Is Not A Drill
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should!
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Watch for these January bargains
- Take the 2017 End-of-Year Prepper Evaluation
- Prepper To Prepper: What Is In Your Everyday Carry?
Tag Archives: rope
Being a bit older than many of you, I sometimes try to think back to my childhood and try to remember things that have been replaced by our modern society. One thing that came to my mind this morning is ropes and string. Now most of you probably have some 550 cord and some ropes for tie downs. But how many of you stock rope, twine and string.
When I was a child, rope, twine and string were in every home, if you wanted to mail a package, you wrapped it in brown paper and tied up it with string. Tape was nowhere near as common and not very good.…Read More...
Ropes and Knots are something that most of us no longer use in our everyday modern life. If you lived a hundred years ago, most of us would have at least a rudimentary understanding of ropes and knots. In talking to people, it is amazing to me on how many people don’t know how to tie even a simple square knot. In the past knots were used to make shelters, set snares, haul materials and secure items.
Ropes and knots are a skill that every one of us should learn. It is a perishable skill as I recently found out; needing to secure an item, I found that it took me a few minutes to remember how to tie the right type of knot. …Read More...